Congratulations Highbury! We have made Level 2 and will REOPEN, Thursday, 14th May! We can’t wait to see you!
It really has been a marathon! We appreciate that it has been a trying time for you and our retailers alike and thank you for your continued support. To our frontliners – just magic! Many of the staff are locals from our community and they have done a tremendous job at keeping essentials going. Please note that trading hours will return to ‘normal’ under Level 2.
To our retailers who haven’t been able to open – FINALLY! Please support these businesses and shop local. It has been incredibly difficult for them and so looking forward to having you back.
In Level 2 we can now open all our retail, under continued social distancing and hygiene precautions. Please wash your hands, thoroughly and often!
Stores are required to avoid overcrowding and may need to impose an in/out system to limit the number of people in their stores at a time.
We do ask for your cooperation with their contact tracing and ensure you that details taken adhere to government recommendations within the confinements of your privacy rights.
Capacity limitations, may require us to restrict entry. Please bear with us as we make our centre as safe as possible for you.
Further precautionary efforts have made for Level 2.
- Having public hand sanitisers in the centre.
- Increasing frequent cleaning and disinfecting of regularly used objects and hard surfaces (e.g. hand-rails, bathroom door handles, food-court tables and trays). Rubbish bins will also be emptied more regularly.
- Retailers are also encouraged to regularly clean surface and eftpos machines within their store.
- Facilitating and encouraging social distancing guidelines. This includes avoiding any activities or circumstances that encourage gathering. Tables within the foodcourt have been reduced and separated.
- Promoting contactless transactions such as payWave instead of cash for payments. Retailers have been encouraged to facilitated distancing at counters and benches.
- Hairdressers, nail technicians and beauty and masseuse therapists are required to wear appropriate ppe and this must be adhered to without exception.
- Monitoring and encouraging customer adherence to relevant public health guidelines by security guards and other centre personnel.
Do take care of yourselves. If you don’t feel well, stay home and get tested. We have done an amazing job at keeping our country as safe as possible and encourage you to continue your efforts so we can start to enjoy all the things we missed!
Sincerely, thank you so much.